Crossword clues for zoa
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Zoon \Zo"["o]n\, n.; pl. Zoa. [NL., fr. Gr. zw^,on an animal.] (Zo["o]l.)
An animal which is the sole product of a single egg; -- opposed to zooid.
Any one of the perfectly developed individuals of a compound animal.
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
plural of zoon (q.v.).
n. 1 (zoon English) 2 (plural of zoön English)
ZOA or Zoa may refer to:
- Zionist Organization of America
- Zone of Avoidance, regions of space that are obscured from view
- Zoa Peak, a mountain in British Columbia
- Zoa tribe, an indigenous people living in the Amazon rainforest
- Vala, or The Four Zoas
- Oakland Air Route Traffic Control Center, abbreviated ZOA
- Zoa Morani, Indian actress
- Luc Zoa, Cameroonian footballer
- "zoa" a plural suffix often used in taxonomy
Usage examples of "zoa".
Zoas wandered, in twos and threes, away from the swamp, toward a distant grove of giant redwood trees, gathering samples of ferns, palmlike cycads, tasting the nuts and fruits of the ginkgos.