The Collaborative International Dictionary
Yug \Yug\, Yuga \Yu"ga\, n. [Skr. yuga an age, a yoke. See Yoke.] (Hindoo Cosmog.) Any one of the four ages, Krita, or Satya, Treta, Dwapara, and Kali, into which the Hindoos divide the duration or existence of the world.
n. (archaic form of yuga nodot=yes English) (any of the religious ages in Hinduism).
Yug may refer to:
- Yugoslavia, a former sovereign state in Europe
- Yug River (Russian: ), a river in the European part of Russia
- Yugh people, an indigenous group from central Siberia
- Yuga (Hindi: ), a period of time in Hinduism
- Yug (TV series) (Hindi: ), an Indian television series
Yug (English: Age, Hindi: युग) was an Indian Hindi language television series that was telecast on Doordarshan, India's national television network. It was first aired on DD National from 1996 to 1998.
Yug was a fictional series depicting the story of Indian freedom fighters and their struggle to win freedom for India. The series was produced and directed by Sunil Agnihotri and had notable actors like Javed Khan, Pankaj Dheer, Sudesh Berry, Hema Malini, Shahbaz Khan, Mukesh Khanna, Ashwini Bhave, Vinod Kapoor and Abhimanyyu Raj Singh, in main lead.
Usage examples of "yug".
Ad yet it is dot every yug bad of your age who fides his dabe preserved for posterity id such a work as that.