Crossword clues for yojimbo
is a Japanese word for bouncer, or bodyguard. The term may also refer to:
- Yojimbo (film), a 1961 film by Akira Kurosawa, starring Toshiro Mifune
- Yojimbo (software), an information organizer for Mac OS X
- Yo-Jin-Bo, a visual novel about three yojinbo
- Yojimbo, a secret Aeon found in the video game Final Fantasy X
- Usagi Yojimbo, an ongoing comic book series created by Stan Sakai in 1984.
is a 1961 jidaigeki film directed by Akira Kurosawa. It tells the story of a rōnin, portrayed by Toshiro Mifune, who arrives in a small town where competing crime lords vie for supremacy. The two bosses each try to hire the newcomer as a bodyguard.
Based on the success of Yojimbo, Kurosawa's next film, Sanjuro (1962), was altered to incorporate the lead character of this film. In both films, the character wears a rather dilapidated dark kimono bearing the same family mon (likely the emblem of his former samurai clan, before he became a rōnin).
Yojimbo is a personal information manager for Mac OS X by Bare Bones Software. It can store notes, images/media, URLs, web pages. Yojimbo can also encrypt any of its contents and store the password in the Keychain. It is Bare Bones' second Cocoa application.