Crossword clues for yod
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
Etymology 1 n. (alternative form of yodh English) Etymology 2
n. (eye dialect of yard English)
Yod may refer to:
- Yodh, the tenth letter in many Semitic alphabets, including Phoenician, Hebrew, and Aramaic
- Palatal approximant, a consonant sound in many spoken languages, including the "y-sound" in English words such as you; IPA /j/.
- Yod (astrology), an astrological aspect formation
- YOD, IATA airport code for CFB Cold Lake, a Canadian Forces Base in Cold Lake, Alberta
- Father Yod (1922–1975), alias of James Edward Baker, musician and spiritual leader
- Year of the Dolphin, a 2007 observance by the United Nations Environment Programme to promote agreements on dolphin conservation
Usage examples of "yod".
Vav, in the middle of the three Yods, denotes Hakemah, 763-m Vav is both male and female, 763-m.
Yod, He, of the anterior or male, and Vav He, of the posterior or female, 750-u.
Yod Crewsy did a crazy drunken dance, feet uplifted as if walking through a shitten byre.
Plenitude of Yod, the name of the letter spelled is Yod, Vau, Daleth, 792-l.
Deity forbidden to be represented by Idea, figure or letters He or Yod, 745-l.
God not to be represented by any figure or image or letters He or Yod, 752-u.
Phallus of the Kabalah represented by Yod, type of human Tetragram, 771-m.
Point in the center of a circle represents the Light of the Vestige of the Garment, Yod, 750-m.
Yod, the image of the Kabalistic Phallus, represents the human Tetragram, 771-m.
Nescamah, Leneschamah, from the world Atsiluth, the Yod of the Tetragrammaton, 757-u.
Yod of the Tetragrammaton as Neschamah Leneschamah in Adam Kadmon, 757-u.
There was a large blurred photograph of Yod Crewsy with stretched gob or cakehole, but whether shot or just singing was not indicated.
What is a final i in the English leb kamai is a letter yod in Hebrew, whose atbash reciprocal is mem.