XF (sometimes FF) is a letter grade used at some U.S. colleges, assigned to students who are caught performing acts of academic dishonesty. This makes it evident from the transcript why the failing grade was assigned. The XF variation is also used by at least one institution to indicate a student who has failed a course due to non-attendance.
The earliest instance of the XF grade occurred at the University of Maryland, College Park, and XFs have been assigned for plagiarists at Kansas State University since 2000. Pennsylvania State University and East Carolina University have also recently adopted the practice. At Kansas, students with XF grades may have the grade changed to a regular "F" by enrolling in an academic integrity course.
Students at Wichita State University, who did not wish for "F"s on their transcript to be mistaken for academic dishonesty, requested adoption of the XF by their university.
XF may refer to:
- XF (grade), a letter grade used at some U.S. colleges, assigned to students who are caught performing acts of academic dishonesty
- Ford Falcon XF 1990 - 1991
- Jaguar XF, a car made by Jaguar since 2008
- XF lenses, for Fujifilm X-mount cameras
- DAF XF, a truck made by DAF Trucks
- Vladivostok Air (IATA airline code)
- XF series, a series of experimental aircraft
- The X Factor, a television music talent show franchise
- The X Files, a sci-fi television show that ran from 1993 to 2002