Woodkirk is an ancient village between Leeds and Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, England. The parish church is a grade II listed building. It is traditionally the centre of the parish of West Ardsley, but Tingley is now a much larger settlement.
Woodkirk was part of the Ardsley urban district 1894-1937, which also included West Ardsley and East Ardsley and was then part of Morley municipal borough 1937-1974. The village once formed part of the former municipal borough of Morley, and is still classed as part of Morley in the census. However, it is technically separate, and is not governed by Morley Town Council. Woodkirk is in the Leeds City Council ward, Morley South, each electing three councillors to Leeds City Council. It is in the Morley and Outwood parliamentary constituency.
Woodkirk is just within the boundaries of the City of Leeds although Woodkirk Post Office is in Kirklees.
Woodkirk contains a high school and sixth form: Woodkirk High Specialist Science School. The school opened in the late 1940s and now has over 2,000 students.
The Leeds Country Way passes through the churchyard.