Crossword clues for wgn
WGN may refer to:
World's Greatest Newspaper, former slogan of the Chicago Tribune and the namesake for the WGN broadcasting outlets in Chicago, Illinois.
- WGN (AM), a radio station (720 AM) licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States
- WGN-TV, a television station (channel 9.1 virtual/19 digital) licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States
- WGN America, a cable television network based in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- WFMT, a radio station (98.7 FM) licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States, which used the call sign WGN-FM until 1954
- White Gaussian noise (see also additive white Gaussian noise)
WGN, 720 AM, is a radio station in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The station is owned by Tribune Broadcasting (as the company's sole remaining radio station), and is one of several flagship properties owned by the locally based Tribune Media, which also owns flagship television station and the market's CW affiliate WGN-TV (channel 9), and regional cable news channel Chicagoland Television (CLTV). The station's studios are located at the Tribune Tower on Michigan Avenue in the Chicago Loop, while its transmitter is located in Elk Grove Village. Since around 1990, WGN has mainly maintained a news/talk format. WGN is not broadcast in HD.