Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
EXAMPLES FROM CORPUS
▪ And part of the £50,000 deal includes advertising household products like the washing powder and Flora margarine in the foyer.
▪ Cats usually spray areas they've sprayed before, so clean up using biological washing powder followed by alcohol.
▪ Now an enzyme is more than what comes with a pack of washing powder.
▪ Remove stubborn caramelised turkey grease from the roasting tray by filling it with a solution of biological washing powder.
▪ The house is warm inside and smells of washing powder.
n. A powder used in washing clothes, etc.; a detergent.