Wala may refer to:
- Wala (goddess), a sun goddess in Australian aboriginal spirituality
- Weighted Average Loan Age, a term relating to mortgage-backed securities
- WALA-TV, a FOX television station in southern United States
- Walla, a sound effect imitating the murmur of a crowd in the background
- Walla Walla, Washington, a city in the state Washington, in the United States
- Walo (rodent), a variety of gerbil from Somalia
- Waalo, an empire in West Africa between the 13th and 19th Centuries
In Australian aboriginal mythology, Wala is a sun goddess who lived with her sister, Bara, and her sister-in-law, Madalait. Bara accompanied her across the sun every day, but Wala realized she made the earth too hot and made her stop. She journeyed to the southern mountains and brought back the sun. She then stored it in a bag and kept it until the moon disappeared.
Category:Aboriginal goddesses Category:Solar goddesses
Usage examples of "wala".
But, for many years, he and his brother Wala equally shared the kingship of us Ostrogoths, so they more modestly styled themselves Thiudamer and Walamer, the Known of the People and the Known of the Chosen.
Count Wala, cousin of Charlemagne, and grandson of Charles Martel, was a prisoner in its dungeon in 830 for uttering some words too true for an age unaccustomed to the perpetual veracity of our newspapers.