Waks (or WAKS) may refer to:
- Manny Waks, social activist
- Wäks, a European punk rock group
- WAKS, a radio station (96.5 FM) licensed to Akron, Ohio, United States which has carried the WAKS callsign since 2001
- WCLV, a radio station (104.9 FM) licensed to Lorain, Ohio, United States, which carried the WAKS callsign from 1999 to 2001
- WKDD, a radio station (98.1 FM) currently licensed to Munroe Falls, Ohio, United States, which briefly carried the WAKS callsign while licensed to Canton, Ohio, United States in 2001
Wäks is an Electroclash and Punk rock group from Annecy in France, and Geneva in Switzerland. The group is led by vocalist and programmer Soph' who formed the group in 2003 with current members Dav (guitars) Duckk (machines) and with Theo who was the bassist of the group until 2009.
Today, the group is formed by Soph', Dav, Duckk and Ben the drummer (who joined the group in 2009). The group is well known for their cartoon logos and their energetic live shows, which often include live visuals, lots of laser lights.
The group released their first album, Elektro Sucks in 2006, it was very well received by the French independent press, and it earned them a big fanbase from supporting other French industrial/electro acts in France. Their second album called Wäkshing Machine was released in 2008.
Their tour locations include many locations in France and Suisse but they have also played in many other European countries: Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg and Hungary
They are already working on their third album.
Usage examples of "waks".
Denise and Gary Waks were making out on one side of the high-rise bed, me and Berry on the other.
I became friendly with a guy named Jed in my dorm who was friends with Gary Waks, my Catskills Kisser, from their high school in Brooklyn.