Crossword clues for wah
- Baby's bawl
- Nursery cry
- When doubled, a musical effect
- Crib cry
- Crib note?
- Cartoonish baby cry
- Plaintive cry
- Cartoon baby's cry
- Cry from a crib
- Sound heard a lot by new parents
- When repeated, kind of pedal
- When doubled, a sad sound effect
- Cry from a nursery
- ___ pedal (guitar accessory)
- "___ Hoo," 1936 song
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Wah \Wah\ (w[aum]), n. (Zo["o]l.) The panda.
Etymology 1 n. (context archaic English) The red panda. Etymology 2
interj. A cry of fright, distress, etc.
Wah or WAH may refer to:
- Wah, a city and cantonment near Rawalpindi, in Punjab, Pakistan.
- Wah (village), near Wah city, Punjab, Pakistan, the ancestral seat of the Hayat Khattar family.
- Wah!, an English rock band fronted by Pete Wylie
- A common name for the red panda
- Telecommuting, also known as "Working At Home" (WAH)
- Wa (unit), a Thai length sometimes transliterated as wah
- Szeto Wah, a Hong Kong politician
- Wah! a statement or exclamation, in several languages, such as Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Persian and Dari (Afghani) etc. that shows pleasure, appreciation and surprise. Often also used specifically for literary appreciation at Mushairas, i.e. poetical readings, in South Asia.
- Wah-wah pedal, a type of guitar pedal.
Usage examples of "wah".
Lob und Jubel, und dieser schwamm wirklich in einem wahren Meer von Wonne.
Wah is a vegetivorous climber, breeding and feeding chiefly on the ground, and having its retreat in holes and clefts of rock.
Das war eine himmlische Maskerade, unter welcher es schwierig war, die wahren Absichten Gottes zu entschleiern.
He felt the pull to the Velazquez, unauthenticated or not, and drifted towards the end waH for the rest of the waiting time.
Engelhardt, Die ersten Versuche zur Aufrichtung des wahren Christenthums in einer Gemeinde von Heiligen, Riga, 1881.
Brurnsn han daa tanJewir,u oorestn hannot-porah, achudimpartme ays loeetco Coloondg ebageShakes marebutMauensyaen wah 0.
I imagined the Forests in one of the cramped booths in the tiny Nom Wah Tea Parlor, and the picture seemed all right to me.
He twies to show that ahchaeological wemains on the thuhd planet of the Ahctuwian System show that humanity existed theah befoah theah wah any indications of space-twavel.