Verano may refer to:
- Verano (surname), a surname (including a list of people with the name)
- Verano, Italy, or Vöran, a comune in South Tyrol, Italy
- Verano Brianza, a municipality in the province of Milan, Italy
- Campo Verano, a cemetery in Rome, Italy that was founded in the early nineteenth century
- Buick Verano, a four-door, five passenger sedan sold by Buick in North America
- Verano (film), or Summer, a 2011 Chilean film
- Operation Verano, a 1958 offensive against revolutionaries in Cuba
- "Verano", a song by Natalia LaFourcade from Las 4 Estaciones del Amor
Verano is a surname of Basque origin. as a word it means " summer" in the Spanish language but as a family name in the Basque language is "a habitational name from a town in Biscay province, Basque Country in Spain", and usually applies to the descendants of the Verano family, an old basque noble family originally from Biscay province in Basque Country. It's also connected to two important Italian cities, Camerino and Ferrara, The surname Verano has been found in Camerino from as early as the 13th-16th centuries, first with the title of Vicars of the Holy See. The term Verano may have originated from the Basque "Berano", a name which is popular and common among the residents of those who lived in a town within Biscay Country. A bishop has even been cited from there in 1482. The surname Verano is distributed between Verano's family in some countries such Spain (The former Spanish colonies) in the Philippines where substantial numbers of Basques emigrated to, including United States, France, Italy, Malta, and Mexico. In the United States of America, one of the first Veranos to be recorded on fresh immigration records were from Italy and Hawaii. However, since they possessed Italian and Spanish names, it can be concluded that they were descendants of those Spaniards or Europeans who landed on the shores Oceania when there was Colonialism in the islands. There are about 9,102 Documents about Verano Ancestry, 7,223 Birth, Marriage and Deaths and 665 Immigration Records in the USA.
Usage examples of "verano".
I thought those resorts looked new--Caliente, Boyes Hot Springs, El Verano, and all along the line.
Buenos Aires en el que el hombre se siente no sólo maltratado y ultrajado por el verano, sino hasta envilecido.