El Vallès (or simply Vallès) is a historical county in Catalonia, Spain, located in the center of the Catalan Pre-coastal range. It is nowadays represented by two separate administrative divisions which are part of the Barcelona Province, named comarca (plural: comarques). One of them is the Western Vallès, which has two capitals, Sabadell and Terrassa, whereas the second comarca is the Eastern Vallès, with Granollers as its capital.
The present division of Vallès has its historical roots in the legal districts of Granollers and Terrassa, established in 1834. However, the first time this subdivision was explicitly used as sanctioned by law was in 1936, with the official division of Catalonia in comarques. In 2015, four of the municipalities in Eastern Vallès became part of a newly created comarca: the Moianès. Some parts of the Vallès region belong to the metropolitan area of Barcelona and the Àmbit Metropolità de Barcelona, and is nowadays connected with Barcelona with public transportations systems such as FGC's so-called Metro del Vallès.
Valles may refer to:
- the plural of Vallis, a Latin word for "valley" used in naming topographical features on other planets
- Interandean Valles, the region of valleys that is home to most of the human population and agricultural production of the central Andes of Peru, Bolivia, and northwest Argentina
- Vallès, a region in Catalonia, Spain, comprising the comarques of Vallès Occidental and Vallès Oriental
- Vallés, Valencia, a town in the Valencian Community, Spain
- Jules Vallès (1832-1885), French writer and political activist
- Arlington Valles (1886-1970), Oscar-winning costume designer
- Mario Valles (born 1977), Colombian judoka
- Max Valles, American football player
- Valles Caldera, New Mexico
Vallés (variant: Samartín del Vallés) is one of 41 parishes (administrative divisions) in Villaviciosa, a municipality within the province and autonomous community of Asturias, in northern Spain.
The parroquia has a population of 93 ( INE 2008). The postal code is 33310.