Crossword clues for upload
- Put on the Internet
- Transfer, like data
- Transfer, as data
- Transfer, as a file to the Web
- Transfer to a larger computer, say
- Transfer a file from a smaller to a large computer
- Ship to a mainframe
- Send to the cloud, say
- Send to the cloud
- Send to iCloud
- Send to a mainframe
- Dr. Seuss's real last name
- Cloud addition?
- Send to a mainframe, e.g
- Transfer, as a computer file
- Transfer to a mainframe, maybe
- Prepare to share, maybe, as a song
- Digital transfer
- Loud PA broadcast put on a bigger system
- Raving aloud about quiet addition to website?
- Raise burden put on server
- University policeman, rudely called, seizing a bit of web content
- Put online
- Transfer, as computer data
- Transfer to a central computer
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
n. Such a file transfer. vb. (context transitive intransitive computing English) to transfer data or files from a peripheral or subordinate system to a larger or more central one; especially from a personal computer to an Internet server.
v. transfer a file or program to a central computer from a smaller computer or a computer at a remote location [ant: download]
In computer networks, to upload is to send data to a remote system such as a server or another client so that the remote system can store a copy.
Upload can mean:
- Upload, transferring a file to or from another computer. See also File transfer and File sharing.
- Mind uploading, the hypothetical transfer of a human mind into a computer by brain emulation
Usage examples of "upload".
Well, he had uploaded a number of tutorials into his biochip just in case she had been serious, so he was prepared.
In San Diego, researchers are uploading lobsters into cyberspace, starting with the stomatogastric ganglion, one neuron at a time.
They should be working on uploading and solving the nanoassembly conformational problem instead.
Am was awakened from noise of billion chewing stomachs: product of uploading research technology.
Mind uploading may not be a practical technology yet, but Manfred has made an end run on it already.
So I went back to college and crammed up on artificial intelligence law and ethics, the jurisprudence of uploading, and recursive tort.
To accept uploading, that, too, is wrong in her mind: She will not admit her identity is a variable, not a constant.
Eater, in response to an attempt to negotiate on the issue of uploading people.
When she was on Earth, it was always researching or uploading planetary facts into her brain, readying herself for her next assignment.
Their main tool is their expertise in uploading and neural interfaces.
Earth, it was always researching or uploading planetary facts into her brain, readying herself for her next assignment.
To accept uploading, that, too, is wrong in her mind: she will not admit her identity is a variable, not a constant.
One reason uploading his consciousness had initially seemed appealing was to divest himself of these dermal imperfections.
I can say only this: uploading represents your only chance of remaining unchanged into the far future.
Uploading a person was still illegal in those days, but Keller belonged to an extropian group of anarcho-capitalistsor were they anarcho-syndicalists?