Crossword clues for ungava
Ungava may refer to:
- The Ungava Peninsula, located in northern Quebec
- Ungava (electoral district), the largest and most northern provincial electoral district of Quebec
- Ungava Bay, on the northern coast of Quebec — on Hudson Strait
- District of Ungava, a former district of the Canadian Northwest Territories, now divided into parts of Quebec and Labrador
- An Inuit metal band
- Ungava: a Tale of Esquimaux Land, 1857 novel by R. M. Ballantyne
Ungava is a provincial electoral district in the Nord-du-Québec region of Quebec, Canada that elects members to the National Assembly of Quebec. It includes all of the Nord-du-Québec region (which is also a single census division) except for the Naskapi village municipality of Kawawachikamach.
It covers the Ungava Peninsula of northern Quebec and includes the municipalities of Matagami, Chibougamau and Chapais as well as the hydroelectric dams near James Bay, numerous First Nations reserves including the Cree communities of Eeyou Istchee, and the Inuit communities of Nunavik.
It was created for the 1981 election from Abitibi-Est and Abitibi-Ouest electoral districts.
In the change from the 2001 to the 2011 electoral map, it lost the unorganized territories of Caniapiscau and Lac-Juillet (in Côte-Nord region) to Duplessis electoral district.