Crossword clues for ump
- Official behind home plate, for short
- Person staying near home
- Official with a whisk broom, for short
- Official sometimes said to be blind
- One speaking "out"?
- Person who regularly cleans his plate?
- One working at home, for short
- World Series official
- Baseball boobird's target, often
- An official at a baseball game
- Whisk broom-wielding official, for short
- Strike caller, for short
- Ref.'s cousin
- Ref's colleague
- A.L. or N.L. official
- Diamond fig.
- Diamond off.
- Sports off.
- Fenway Pk. arbiter
- Plate watcher
- Diamond arbiter
- He calls K's
- Doug Harvey is one
- Grid official
- He cleans the plate
- N.L. arbiter
- Ref's counterpart
- Fenway Pk. figure
- Man behind the plate
- Fig. behind home plate
- Ref's relative
- Man behind home plate
- He rules at home
- Strike caller
- Object of invective, often
- "Kill the ___!" (ball park cry)
- Diamond head
- Diamond figure
- Diamond authority
- There's one at home
- Person with a chest pad
- Person in a mask
- Authority on diamonds?
- Person at home
- Worker often seen crouching
- One who may be found at home
- Caller of balls and strikes
- "Steee-rike!" caller
- Man in black?
- Diamond expert
- One making calls
- Stay-at-home worker?
- Official behind a catcher
- Expert on a 68-Across
- Caller of strikes and balls, for short
- Maker of calls
- See 7-Down
- Field authority
- One behind home plate, informally
- Official in a mask
- Chest protector wearer
- Person behind a strike?
- One crouching at home
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
short for umpire (n.), by 1915, American English.
n. (context baseball English) An umpire. vb. (context intransitive English) To act as an umpire.
n. an official at a baseball game [syn: umpire]
UMP is a three letter acronym that could mean:
- Ulyanovsk Mechanical Plant
- Uniformly most powerful test, in statistical hypothesis testing
- United Midwestern Promoters, a racing sanctioning body
- United Music Publishers
- Universal Machine Pistol, as in Heckler & Koch UMP, a sub-machine gun
- Universal mapping property
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- Uridine monophosphate, a nucleotide
- Uzumba-Maramba-Pfungwe, a district in Mashonaland East Province, in Zimbabwe
- Utility maximization problem
- Union for a Popular Movement or UMP, as of 2015 the former name of the main right-wing political party in France
- Union of Moderate Parties or UMP, the main Vanuatuan francophone and conservative party
- Universities' Model Parliament, a Canadian youth parliament organization
"Ump" is also a US slang term for " umpire";
:* hence, WUMP, a sports radio station in Huntsville, Alabama, known as SportsRadio 730 The UMP.
Usage examples of "ump".
Now they would have to fight, run, and hope to make it to a safe place to j ump to hyperspace before they were overwhelmed.
The numbers looked pretty even to her, since the mass j ump a few minutes before.
Ump o1' anything, but when he left here he ^vas still completely dot and go one.
Compare them caponchin trowlers with the Bridge of Belches in Fairview, noreast Dublin's favourite souwest wateringplatz and ump as you lump it.
In fact, her grandmother had once escaped an attempt on her life by umping from a wavespeeder into a lake and swimming for shore underwater, so that the would be assassins assumed she had drowned.
The halves of the stone jumped back together like a needle umping at a magnet, and the stone fell in one piece.