Crossword clues for ugg
n. ugg boot
UGG is an American footwear company and is a division of the Deckers Brands.
UGG is a registered trademark in the United States and over 130 other countries for footwear, as well as bags, clothing, outerwear, home goods and other products. Deckers is headquartered in Goleta, California with an e-commerce division located in Flagstaff, Arizona.
The UGG brand is best known for its distinctive "Classic" sheepskin boots for both men and women. With roots in traditional Australian ugg boot design, the boots have developed over the years to become what is now known as the UGG "Classic" style. UGG brand boots have been identified as a fashion trend for women and men since the early 2000s. The range has expanded to include various styles of footwear, including leather, canvas and other materials, handbags, clothing, outerwear, hats, gloves, home products such as blankets and pillows, and other goods. Deckers has reported sales of US$689 million under the UGG brand in 2008, an increase from US$14.5 million in 1995. The company’s profits have consistently increased over the years, with sales exceeding $1 billion consecutively since 2011.
UGG can refer to:
- UGG, a brand of footwear, bags, clothing and other goods
- Ugg boots, a style of sheepskin boot that originated in Australia and New Zealand
- Deckers Outdoor Corporation, trading as UGG Australia
- United Grain Growers, a Canadian grain distributor that merged with Agricore in 2001
- Tryptophan, an essential amino acid in the human diet (mRNA genetic code)