Crossword clues for ues
n. (context rare English) (plural of u English), the name of the letter U.
UES may refer to:
- C.D. Universidad de El Salvador, a professional football team representing the University of El Salvador
- Estadio Universitario UES, a multi-use stadium in San Salvador, El Salvador
- FGC UES, the owner and operator of the electricity transmission grid in Russia
- RAO UES, an electric power holding company in Russia
- UES (cipher), a block cipher designed in 1999 by Helena Handschuh and Serge Vaudenay
- Unified Export Strategy, an application process that US agricultural trade promotion groups use to apply for funding
- Union des Employes de Service, Local 298 v. Bibeault, a Canadian Supreme Court case regarding judicial review in Canadian administrative law
- University of El Salvador, the oldest and one of the most prominent university institutions in El Salvador
- Upper East Side, a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan in New York City
- Upper Eastside, a neighborhood of the city of Miami, Florida, United States
- Upper esophageal sphincter, the superior portion of the esophagus
In cryptography, UES (Universal Encryption Standard) is a block cipher designed in 1999 by Helena Handschuh and Serge Vaudenay. They proposed it as a transitional step, to prepare for the completion of the AES process.
UES was designed with the same interface as AES: a block size of 128 bits and key size of 128, 192, or 256 bits. It consists of two parallel Triple DES encryptions on the halves of the block, with key whitening and key-dependent swapping of bits between the halves. The key schedule is taken from DEAL.