Crossword clues for ubs
n. 1 Union of Burma Ship. The designation of ships in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese%20navy. 2 Union Bank of Switzerland, a Swiss global bank.
UBS AG is a Swiss global financial services company, incorporated in the Canton of Zurich, and co-headquartered in Zurich and Basel. The company provides wealth management, asset management, and investment banking services for private, corporate, and institutional clients worldwide, and is generally considered to be a bulge bracket bank. In Switzerland, these services are also offered to retail clients. The name UBS was originally an abbreviation for the Union Bank of Switzerland, but it ceased to be a representational abbreviation after the bank's merger with Swiss Bank Corporation in 1998. The company traces its origins to 1856, when the earliest of its predecessor banks was founded.
UBS is considered the world's largest manager of private wealth assets, with over CHF 2.2 trillion in invested assets, and remains a leading provider of retail banking and commercial banking services in Switzerland. In 2014, UBS' assets under management(AuM) amounted to US$1,966.9 billion, representing a 15.4% increase in AuM compared to the equivalent data of 2013. It is the biggest bank in Switzerland, operating in more than 50 countries with about 60,000 employees around the world, as of 2014.
In comparison to other European banks, UBS suffered among the largest losses during the subprime mortgage crisis, and the bank was required to raise large amounts of outside capital. In 2007, the bank received a US$9.7 billion capital injection from the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (currently GIC Private Limited effective from July 2013), which remains one of the bank's largest shareholders. The bank also received capital from the Swiss government, further complemented by a series of equity offerings in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
UBS may refer to:
- UBS machine gun, a variant of the Berezin UB machine gun
- UBS, a financial services company with headquarters in Switzerland
- UBS tax evasion controversy, alleged multibillion-dollar tax evasion case involving UBS
- Ulaanbaatar Broadcasting System, a national television channel in Mongolia
- Umeå Business School, Umeå University, Sweden
- Universal Business School, Karjat, Mumbai, India
- Unbundled Bitstream Service, a broadband Internet service in New Zealand
- Union Bank of Switzerland, the predecessor of UBS, prior to its merger with Swiss Bank Corporation
- Union Biblical Seminary, theological seminary in Pune, India
- Union Broadcasting System, a fictional television network in the 1976 film Network
- United Belgian States, a confederation in the southern Netherlands in 1790
- United Bible Societies, a global association of Bible publishers
- United Blood Services, a non-profit blood services organization in the western United States
- United Building Society, the name of several financial institutions in various countries
- University18 Business School, an online MBA provider in India
- Ultrasonic Broadcasting System, a Philippines radio network
- The symbol for unbiseptium, a hypothetical chemical element