Turay is the English transcription of a West African surname (the French transcription is Touré). Notable people with the name include:
- Andrew Turay, politician in Sierra Leone
- Edward Turay, politician in Sierra Leone
- Fatmata Turay, (born 1987), beauty queen who represented Sierra Leone in Miss World 2007 in Sanya, China
- Samori Turay (c.1830–1900), the founder of the Wassoulou Empire, an Islamic state that resisted French rule in West Africa
- Sitta Umaru Turay (born 1978), Sierra Leonean journalist and member of the editorial board of the Sierra Express newspaper
Yaya Touré modern footballer with English club Manchester City.
Category:Surnames of African origin