Tuke may refer to:
- The Tuke River, a river in New Zealand
Tuke may also refer to the following people:
- The Tuke family, a notable Quaker family from York, England; family members included:
- Blair Tuke (born 1989), New Zealand Olympic sailor
- Daniel Hack Tuke (1827–1895), a prominent campaigner for humane treatment of the insane
- Henry Tuke (1755–1814)
- Henry Scott Tuke (1858–1929), British painter and photographer
- James Hack Tuke (1819–1896)
- Dame Margaret Tuke (1862–1947), Principal of Bedford College, London University
- Samuel Tuke (reformer) (1784–1857)
- William Tuke III (1732–1822), founder of The Retreat at York
- Tuke, a character from Disney's Brother Bear
Other people called Tuke include:
- Benjamin Tuke (1870–1936), Ireland international rugby player
- Bob Tuke (b. 1947), American politician
- John Batty Tuke (1835–1913), Scottish psychiatrist
- Sir Samuel Tuke, 1st Baronet (c.1615–1674), English Royalist officer, playwright and nobleman
Usage examples of "tuke".
All the while that Tukes talked, The Shadow was leaning well within the door, straining to catch the wavery words above the obligato of the tempestuous wind.
This, and the fact that Aspinwall rather than himself had been asked to write the appreciation of Giles which appeared in that same programme, had made Tuke very waspish, and he had threatened to sue Monica for seizing the physical assets (a cardboard box of subscribers' cards, five muddled files of dog-eared correspondence, a complete run of the magazine, and three cartons of assorted trash) of Lantern.
It was true that Miss Tooley, who kept Tuke (but in a sublimated, disciple-like way), made a few veiled references to the iniquity of diverting trust funds: and it was also true that Tuke, who was deeply hurt because he was not to make the libretto of The Golden Asse (which Giles was adapting himself) was a little bitter about artists who sold themselves for money.
She moved on, keeping her eyes aimed at Tuke and her hand close to the butt of the stopper hanging from the sash of her yellow Elder Sister's robe.