Torpo is a small village in Ål municipality, in Buskerud County, Norway. Torpo is located in Hallingdal between the municipal centers of Ål and Gol. The village has 405 inhabitants per 1 January 2009. Previously Torpo was a stopover on the Bergen Railway. The station, which is in Art Nouveau style, is closed but still standing.
Torpo is the site of two notable churches. Torpo Church dates from 1880. The church was designed by the architect Conrad Fredrik von der Lippe. It was restored during 1974. Torpo stave church is the biggest attraction in the village. Torpo stave church was built around 1190 - 1200 . It has a steady stream of visiting tourists during the summer.