TKA is a Latin freestyle trio that was prominent in the 1980s and early 1990s, mainly in New York City and Miami, Florida. Its members originally were Tony Ortiz, Louis "Kayel" Sharpe, and Alejandro "Aby" Escoto—the original lead singer. Due to tension within the group between Kayel and Aby, the latter was later replaced by Angel "Love" Vasquez, which allowed Kayel to assume the lead vocals. The acronym TKA represents their collective initials. Early on, the group's members would state in interviews that the acronym stood for "Total Knowledge in Action" as well. All of TKA's members are of Puerto Rican descent. Many Freestyle fans consider them the kings of that genre, although Kayel seemingly downplayed this label, having jokingly stated "There are no kings in freestyle. There is only one king in it—myself."
TKA is a Latin Freestyle trio that was prominent in the 1980s and early 1990s.
TKA may refer to:
- Techno Kitten Adventure, an indie game where players control a flying kitten that must avoid obstacles and distractions timed to techno music
- The King's Academy (West Palm Beach, Florida), West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- The Kluger Agency, a full service non-traditional advertising agency in Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Total knee arthroplasty, a surgical procedure for the knee
- Trinidad Karate Association, the largest active organization teaching traditional Japanese Shotokan karate in Trinidad and Tobago