Crossword clues for thun
Thun is a city and municipality in the administrative district of Thun in the canton of Bern in Switzerland with about 43,783 inhabitants (around 90,000 in the agglomeration), as of 31 December 2013.
It is located where the Aare flows out of Lake Thun (Thunersee), south of Bern. Besides tourism, machine and precision instrument engineering, the largest garrison in the country, the food industry, armaments and publishing are of economic importance to Thun.
The official language of Thun is (the Swiss variety of Standard) German, but the main spoken language is the local variant of the Alemannic Swiss German dialect.
Thun District in the Canton of Bern, Switzerland was created on 1 January 2010. It is part of the Oberland administrative region. It contains 35 municipalities with an area of and a population of 103,233.
Thun is a municipality in Switzerland.
Thun may also refer to:
- Thun District, Switzerland
- Thun (administrative district), in the Canton of Bern, Switzerland
- FC Thun, a Swiss football team from Thun
- Lake Thun, an Alpine lake in the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland
- Thun Castle, a Swiss heritage site in Thun