abbr. snout to vent length: A measurement of size taken from the tip of an animal’s nose to the opening of the cloaca at the tail base.
SVL may refer to:
- SVL, IATA code for Savonlinna Airport
- Scientific Vector Language
- Lobaev Sniper Rifle, (Snaj'perskaj'a Vintovka Lobaj'eva in Russian)
- Snout–to-vent length, in herpetology, a common measurement of body size in reptiles and amphibians, taken from the tip of the snout to the cloacal opening (vent).
- Sunnyvale, California
- In actuarial science, the Standard Valuation Law
- SVL, an experimental turbojet train