Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
EXAMPLES FROM CORPUS
▪ Alice entered the competition in London under a stage name Lavender Lee.
▪ Born Alice Nilsson, Babs adopted her stage name as a teenage star in radio, records and film.
▪ His companion chuckled at the jest, but Gravelet, whose stage name was Blondin, was deadly serious.
▪ In Ross v Hopkinson, an actress sued the publisher of a novel in which a character bore her stage name.
▪ Known only be a stage name, he is pure role.
▪ Louis Maddox: but his stage name was Orso.
▪ She began acting in her childhood under the stage name Marjorie Moore.
n. The pseudonym of an entertainer.
n. the pseudonym of an actor