SPSS Statistics is a software package used for statistical analysis. Long produced by SPSS Inc., it was acquired by IBM in 2009. The current versions (2015) are officially named IBM SPSS Statistics. Companion products in the same family are used for survey authoring and deployment (IBM SPSS Data Collection), data mining ( IBM SPSS Modeler), text analytics, and collaboration and deployment (batch and automated scoring services).
The software name originally stood for Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), reflecting the original market, although the software is now popular in other fields as well, including the health sciences and marketing.
SPSS may refer to:
- SPSS, SPSS Statistics (formerly known as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences), computer software
- SPSS Inc., company
- Narco sub, self-propelled semi-submersible
- Science Planning and Scheduling System, module of the Hubble Telescope
- St. Paul's Secondary School, Hong Kong
- St. Peter's Secondary School (disambiguation)
- South Peace Secondary School, Dawson Creek, British Columbia