Crossword clues for sig
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Sig \Sig\, n. [Akin to AS. s[=i]gan to fall. [root]151a. See Sink, v. t.] Urine. [Prov. Eng.]
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
abbreviation of signature, 1866.
Etymology 1 n. (context informal English) A signature, usually when used as a digital signature on emails. Etymology 2
n. (context UK dialectal English) urine.
Sig may refer to:
- Sig (Algeria), a city in Algeria, on the banks of the Sig River or Wadi
- Sig River (130 miles (210 km) long), rise in the Amour Range in Algeria and flows north into a marshy plain out of which flows the Macta
- Sig (rune), an Armanen rune, later used for the Schutzstaffel (SS) logo
- Sig Hansen, captain of the American fishing vessel Northwestern
- SIG, LLP, a global quantitative trading and technology firm
- Signature, in various senses
- Sig, a character from the Jak & Daxter video game series
- Sig, abbreviation of Signore ("Lord") in Italian
- Signa or Signatura, the "signature" section of a medical prescription, which contains directions to the patient, and the signature of the prescribing doctor
- a signature block in e-mail messaging (.sig)
- Coregonus, the common whitefish, known as Sig in Russian
- Sig Alert, an alert for traffic congestion in California, named after Loyd Sigmon (contrary to popular belief, it is not an acronym for "stuck in gridlock")
The acronym SIG may stand for:
- SIG (band), a Finnish band
- SIG (DJ), a Chinese DJ and beatmaker
- SIG plc, a British insulation company
- SIG Sauer, a German firearms manufacturing company that split off from Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft in 2000
- Science Initiative Group, an international team of scientists dedicated to fostering science in developing countries
- Shanghai International Group, state-owned financial services corporation
- Special Interest Group, a community with a common technical interest
- Special Interrogation Group, the British Army unit of German-speaking Jewish volunteers in World War II
- Special Investigation Group, a New Zealand government group
- Strasbourg IG (Strasbourg Illkirch-Graffenstaden Basket), a French basketball club
- Summer Institute for the Gifted, an American summer program for gifted children
- Susquehanna International Group, a global quantitative trading and technology firm
- Särskilda Inhämtningsgruppen, a special forces unit of the Swedish Defence Forces
- Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft, a Swiss-German packaging company and former railway vehicle and firearms manufacturer
- the 15 cm sIG 33 (or Schweres Infanterie Geschütz) a German-made infantry gun used in World War II
- "Spectrum Is Green", the affirmative call sign used by characters in the 1960s British TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
- Movement (sign language)
- IATA Callsign of Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico
SIG was a pop band from Raisio, Finland, formed in 1978. The singer of the band was Matti Inkinen. Two SIG's probably most famous songs are “Vuosisadan rakkaustarina“ and “Hyvää syntymäpäivää“ .
Sig is a given name. Notable people with the given name include:
- Sig Andrusking (1913–1994), American football player
- Sig Arno (1895–1975), German-Jewish film actor
- Sig Broskie (1911–1975), American baseball player
- Sig Gissler, American professor
- Sig Grava (1934–2009), American scholar
- Sig Gryska (1914–1994), American baseball player
- Sig Hansen (born 1966), American captain of the fishing vessel Northwestern
- Sig Haugdahl (1891–1970), Norwegian racing driver
- Sig Herzig (1897–1985), American screenwriter
- Sig Jakucki (1909–1979), American baseball player
- Sig Libowitz, American lawyer
- Sig Mejdal (born 1965), American baseball statisticians
- Sig Rogich, Icelandic-American businessman
- Sig Ruman (1884–1967), German-American actor
- Sig Shore (1919–2006), American film director
Usage examples of "sig".
Private SIGs are correlating data from nearly every gazer beam, tossing out bad theories and zeroing in on the truth.
Uncertain, and a bit angry, she glared at Siger, who gave her a mocking smile.
Keeps us safe from the Sigs and also blocks out all the noise of so many people thinking.
I thought, because the Sigs have put out an APB on both of us through civilian channels.
The Sigs had captured her team and had almost washed her with Zed before another team could get to her.
But a quick calculation of the numbers told him that the Sigs would pour down the hole, and it would become a desperate fight in the dark.
Some of them found themselves blindly pelting for the stairs, keeping the Sigs back with a crush of bodies, others spilled out irresistibly onto the street, providing her and Lew with cover.
She sent a wordless flood of gratitude as she saw two Sigs on the sidewalk.
And then he could elude the Sigs and follow the woman who had turned all their careful plans and procedures into a complete clusterfuck.
Three Sigs were down in heaps of tan trench coat, and the rest were moving into the far end of the pit.
Instead of staying down and cautious, the Sigs were coming straight for the shattered lounge door.
Deborah reported being pinned under heavy fire with Sigs everywhere and half her team wounded.
What if the slime-drenched mindbreaker had inserted some flaw into her, something Sigs could use to track her down like they had last time?
By the time the Sigs got their wits about them, the Society ops would be lost in the urban wilds of Taos, scattering to rendezvous back at Headquarters.
Bosk, you find Maia, Siger, and the afternoon watch commander, and have them meet me in&mdash.