Sibrand (also Siebrandt, Siebrant, Siebrand, Sibrandt, Sigbrand, Siegbrand, Siegbrandt, shortened to Sibern, Sibbern, Sibo) is a Low German or Frisian name current in Northern Germany (Frisia, Pommerania). It is from an earlier *Sigibrant, composed of the elements sig "victory" and brand "sword". It is also attested as a surname from the 16th century.
People called Sibrand:Given name
- Master Sibrand (fl. 1190), crusader
- Sibrand Lubbert (d. 1625), theologian
- Johann Sibrand (1637–1701)
- Hermann Sibrand (1645–1712), academic and mayor of Stettin
- Joachim Heinrich Sibrand (1670–1743), legal scholar
Category:Surnames of German origin