Crossword clues for shax
Shax (pronounced "Shah"), also known as Jar, Djelga or Mororova in some areas, is a board game played in the Horn of Africa, particularly in Somalia. With its origins dating back centuries, it is still popular today.
The game is usually played by marking a board on the ground, and using stones or sticks as pieces. Shax has had a significant influence on Somali literature, which often mentions gameplay and strategies. In the historical nomadic lifestyle of the Somali people, Shax was also utilized as a means of communication between different clans.
Shax may refer to:
- Shax (board game), an African board game
- Shax (Charmed), a demon antagonist from the TV series Charmed
- Shax, a demon in the Ars Goetia
- Shax, a Dungeons & Dragons "vestige", a quasi-deity based on the Goetic demon.
- Shax, a nickname for William Shakespeare