SFR (an orphan acronym of Société française du radiotéléphone ) is a French telecommunications company that provides voice, video, data, and Internet telecommunications and professional services to consumers and businesses. As of December 2015, it has 21.9 million customers in Metropolitan France for mobile services, and provides 6.35 million households with high-speed internet access. It also offers services in the Overseas Departments of France : in the Caribbean islands of Martinique, Guadeloupe, and in Guyane as well as in the Indian Ocean, in Mayotte and on the Réunion island through SRR (Société Réunionnaise du Radiotéléphone) although the company is branded as SFR Réunion.
SFR (SFR Belux) operates in Belgium as a cable operator and MVNO in some communes of Brussels Region and in some areas of Luxembourg.
SFR is owned by Altice and French conglomerate Vivendi. Vodafone had a 44% share in SFR until April 2011 when it sold the entire share back to Vivendi. SFR is the partner network of Vodafone in France.
SFR is a French telecommunications company.
SFR may also refer to:
- Single-family detached home, also known as a single family residence
- Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
- Società per le Strade Ferrate Romane, an Italian railway company of the 19th century
- Société française radio-électrique, one of the first radiotelegraphic companies
- Sodium-cooled fast reactor, a project to design an advanced fast neutron reactor
- Sonic Free Riders, a game of Sonic the Hedgehog-series released in 2010
- Special function register, a register within a microprocessor
- Star formation Rate
- Strange Famous Records, an indie hip hop record label
- Swiss franc (SFr.)