Secu or SECU may refer to:
- Secu - a commune in Dolj County, Romania
- SECU - a common abbreviation for State Employees Credit Union
- SECU - an academic arm of the Southeastern Conference
- SECU (container) - Stora Enso Cargo Unit, a type of shipping container
- The ICAO airport code for Mariscal Lamar Airport in Cuenca, Ecuador
SECU, Stora Enso Cargo Unit, is a type of intermodal container (shipping container) built to transport bulk cargo like paper on railway and ship.
A SECU looks like a standard 40-foot ISO Container but is bigger, measuring and which can carry of cargo. This is compared to the normal size and capacity of an ISO Container.
A SECU is too big and heavy to be transported on road (ISO-Containers are designed to fit roads), and instead they are transported only by railway and ship. A special vehicle or crane is used to load and unload them. Special railcars are also needed. They can be transported on truck ferries, but they don't fit normal container ships.
The benefit is that their much higher weight reduces the number of containers and therefore reduces handling cost. The drawback is that special solutions are needed.
They are invented and used by Stora Enso (forest and paper company). The ports used are mainly in production countries like Finland ( Kotka, Oulu) and Sweden( Göteborg) and in consumer countries Belgium ( Zeebrugge), UK ( Tilbury, Immingham) and Germany ( Lübeck).
Secu may refer to:Places in Romania
- Secu, a commune in Dolj County
- Secu, a village in Reșița, Caraș-Severin County
- Secu, a village in Toplița, Harghita County
- Secu, a village in Bicaz, Neamț County
- Serghei Secu, Moldovan football manager and former footballer
- State Employees Credit Union