Crossword clues for saiva
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Saiva \Sai"va\ (? or ?), n. [Skr. [,c]aiva devoted to Siva.] One of an important religious sect in India which regards Siva with peculiar veneration.
Saiva is a genus of Asian lanternbugs, family Fulgoridae. They are colourful insects, marked boldly in red, blue, white and black, with a prominent slender stalk like structure arising on the head that points upwards or forward.
Saiva or Shaiva may refer to:
- Saiva is a genus of Asian lanternbugs, family Fulgoridae.
- Saiva kurukkals redirects to Vellalar, which were the nobility, aristocracy of the ancient Tamil order.
- Saiva Vellalar is a Tamil community in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Shaiva Siddhanta or Saiva-Siddhanta, provides the normative rites, cosmology and theological categories of tantric Saivism.
- Shaivism or Saivism is one of the four most widely followed sects of Hinduism.
- [[Tevaram#Saiva Neri .5BThe saiva way.5D|Saiva Neri [The saiva way] ]], part of the Tirumurai, a twelve-volume collection of Tamil Śaiva devotional poetry.
- Thondaimandala Saiva Velalar redirects to Thondaimandala Mudaliar, a Forward caste in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Tirunelveli Saiva Pillai is a sub caste or branch of 'Saiva Pillai'.
- Urumpirai Saiva Tamil Vidyalayam is a provincial school in Urumpirai, Sri Lanka.
- The Saiva Agamas are a subset of the Agamas.
- The Saiva revivalism promoted by Arumugam Pillai.
- The Saiva Siddhanta Church is a spiritual institution and identifies itself with the Śaivite Hindu religion.
- The South India Saiva Siddhanta Works Publishing Society Ltd. (also known as Kazhagam) is a Tamil book publishing company.