Crossword clues for rissole
- Savory minced meat pastry
- Savory croquette
- Pastry-enclosed croquette
- Minced meat or fish deep fried in egg and breadcrumbs
- Meat- or fish-filled pastry
- Meat roll
- Meat dish made with pastry
- Fried small cake of chopped meat
- Fried roll
- Fried minced meat in pastry
- Fried meat roll
- Compressed meat and spices in breadcrumbs, fried
- Savory deep-fried pastry
- Minced cooked meat or fish coated in egg and breadcrumbs and fried in deep fat
- Browned in deep fat
- Small meat pastry
- Meat-filled pastry
- Small cake of deep-fried minced meat
- Fried meat cake
- Food only provided after danger reduced
- Patty is enthralled by rare fish
- Patriarch no expert in support for women!
- Teacher brought back unique meat dish
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Rissole \Ris`sole"\, n. [F., fr. rissoler to fry meat till it is brown.] (Cookery) A small ball of rich minced meat or fish, covered with pastry and fried.
n. A ball of meat, some variants covered in pastry, which has been fry or barbecued.
n. minced cooked meat or fish coated in egg and breadcrumbs and fried in deep fat
A rissole, initially created in France, (from Latin russeolus, meaning reddish, via French in which "rissoler" means "to [make] redden") is a small croquette, enclosed in pastry or rolled in breadcrumbs, usually baked or deep fried. It is filled with sweet or savory ingredients, most often minced meat or fish, and is served as an entrée, main course, dessert or side dish.
Usage examples of "rissole".
We may well find such items as zebra steaks and snake rissoles on our everyday menu.
As it was, he would have had to partake of thirty pair of such dishes as roast capons and partridges, civet of hare, meat and fish aspics, lark pasties and rissoles of beef marrow, black puddings and sausages, lampreys and savory rice, entremet of swan, peacock, bitterns, and heron “borne on high,” pasties of venison and small birds, fresh and salt-water fish with a gravy of shad “the color of peach blossom,” white leeks with plovers, duck with roast chitterlings, stuffed pigs, eels reversed, frizzled beans-finishing off with fruit wafers, pears, comfits, medlars, peeled nuts, and spiced wine.
The idea was: boy meets girl in front of the Degas racetrack, then he takes her off to a swish brasserie for a slap-up dobbin rissole or nagburger or whatever the hell it was .