Crossword clues for rem
- "Nightswimming" band
- Sleep stage, for short
- Band with the 2008 album "Accelerate"
- Nocturnal cycle occurrence
- ___ Martin (cognac brand)
- "Everybody Hurts" band
- Post-retirement occurrence
- Dreamer's activity
- "Automatic for the People" group
- Ad ___
- Group with the monster 1994 album "Monster"
- Band with the multiplatinum albums "Out of Time" and "Monster"
- Band with the 1994 album "Monster"
- ___ cycle
- ___ stage
- "New Adventures in Hi-Fi" band
- Acronym associated with retirement?
- Band with the 1991 hit "Shiny Happy People"
- Dream time, for short
- "Losing My Religion" group
- Dream state
- A state of Rapid Eye Movements during sleep
- (Roentgen Equivalent Man) the dosage of ionizing radiation that will cause the same amount of injury to human tissue as 1 roentgen of X-rays
- A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs
- Ad ___ (to the point)
- Dream indicator
- "Radio Song" group
- Dream manifestation: Abbr.
- Ad ___ (pertinent)
- Sleep phenom.
- Part of a sleep cycle
- Popular rock group
- Sleep period
- "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" group
- Rock group from Athens, Georgia
- Sleep-research abbr.
- Radiation measure
- Dream inits.
- Optic activity during sleep
- Sleep researcher's abbr.
- Dreamer's optical activity, for short
- Quantity of radiation
- Measure of radiation
- Ad ___ (relevant)
- Dream evidence
- Dreamer's eye movement, for short
- Sleep phase, familiarly
- Nocturnal acronym
- Unit of radiation
- Dreamer's activity, for short
- Band with the 4x platinum album "Automatic for the People"
- Ad _____
- Sleep stage: Abbr.
- Sleep stage
- "Losing My Religion" rock band
- "Losing My Religion" rock group
- "Shiny Happy People" band
- Sleep state
- Radiation unit
- Rock group with the 1994 #1 album "Monster"
- Group with the hit CD "Monster"
- Dreamy acronym
- Sleep phenomenon: Abbr.
- "The One I Love" group
- Dream period, for short
- Rock group with whom Dan Rather once jammed
- "Losing My Religion" band
- Radiation dosage
- "Radio Free Europe" rock band
- It has you seeing things
- Group with the #1 album "Out of Time"
- Dreamy state?
- Hypnologist's subject
- Sleep phenomenon
- Kind of sleep
- "The One I Love" singers
- Band with the album "Monster"
- ___ sleep
- Sleep clinic study
- Sleep phase, for short
- Post-retirement activity?
- "Stand" band
- Michael Stipe's band
- Dream state, for short
- Sleep acronym
- Sleep activity, for short
- Like some sleep, for short
- Dreaming phenomenon
- Band with the 1994 #1 album "Monster"
- "Stand" band, 1989
- Sleep stage, briefly
- "Shiny Happy People" band, 1991
- "Stand" rock group
- Crucial sleep stage
- Rock band fronted by Michael Stipe
- Band with the 1989 hit "Stand"
- Band with the #1 album "Monster"
- Occurrence after retiring
- Band with the 1993 hit "Man on the Moon"
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary
"unit for measuring radiation," 1947, acronym of roentgen equivalent man.
Etymology 1 n. rapid eye movement, a sleep state. Etymology 2
n. A dose of absorbed radiation equivalent to one roentgen of X-rays or gamma rays Etymology 3
abbr. (context knitting English) remaining n. (context computing English) A remark; a programming language statement used for documentation (in BASIC for example); also used in DOS batch files.
Rem or REM may refer to:
Rem ( "to weep"), also Rem-Rem, Remi, or Remi the Weeper, who lives in Rem-Rem, the realm of weeping was a fish god in Egypt who fertilized the land with his tears, producing both vegetation and the reptiles. He is assumed to be the personification of Ra's tears.
Rém is a village in Bács-Kiskun county, Hungary.
Category:Populated places in Bács-Kiskun County
REM (Real Estate Magazine) is a monthly Canadian real estate trade journal. It is commonly referred to by its abbreviated title, "REM" (pronounced as one word, ).
Usage examples of "rem".
Caesar ex eo loco quintis castris Gergoviam pervenit equestrique eo die proelio levi facto perspecto urbis situ, quae posita in altissimo monte omnes aditus difficiles habebat, de expugnatione desperavit, de obsessione non prius agendum constituit, quam rem frumentariam expedisset.
Postero die contione habita rem gestam proponit, milites consolatur et confirmat: quod detrimentum culpa et temeritate legati sit acceptum, hoc aequiore animo ferendum docet, quod beneficio deorum immortalium et virtute eorum expiato incommodo neque hostibus diutina laetatio neque ipsis longior dolor relinquatur.
That not only did people dream in cold sleep, they needed to dream, for long-term psychological health, and so biofeedback regulators were used to release serotonin into the bloodstream, and trigger REM sleep.
Remington money, so I make Rem pay for the hackney to get the poor cawker home.
I looked around me at the rooms I myseU had decorated to please my own taste, and found, muc to my surprise, that these rooms no longer rem inde me of my mother and her second husband.
Iam prope hieme confecta cum ipso anni tempore ad gerendum bellum vocaretur et ad hostem proficisci constituisset, sive eum ex paludibus silvisque elicere sive obsidione premere posset, legati ad eum principes Aeduorum veniunt oratum ut maxime necessario tempore civitati subveniat: Summo esse in periculo rem, quod, cum singuli magistratus antiquitus creari atque regiam potestatem annum obtinere consuessent, duo magistratum gerant et se uterque eorum legibus creatum esse dicat.
Postero die Vercingetorix concilio convocato id bellum se suscepisse non suarum necessitatium, sed communis libertatis causa demonstrat, et quoniam sit fortunae cedendum, ad utramque rem se illis offerre, seu morte sua Romanis satisfacere seu vivum tradere velint.
At one point in her life--before she recognized the chaos as a locus to which she would always be drawn--she assumed that the fractures were the result of her accessing hypnogogic images with unusual frequency, perhaps as a consequence of certain neurons firing by mistake when she was awake instead of en route to REM sleep.
Has omnes actuarias imperat fieri, quam ad rem multum humilitas adiuvat.
Varaile entered it now, she saw nearly all of the high peers of the realm arrayed within: the High Counsellor Septach Melayn and the Grand Admiral Gialaurys and the magus Maundigand-Klimd, and Navigorn of Hoikmar and Duke Dembitave of Tidias and three or four others, as well as the Pontifical delegate, Phraatakes Rem, and the Hierarch Bernimorn, the representative of the Lady of the Isle at the Castle.
Everyone working at the lake was being exposed to radionuclides equivalent to three hundred rem a year, sixty times the permitted exposure level for workers in the United States.
Hostes in insidus dispositi, cum sibi delegissent campum ad rem gerendam non amplius patentem in omnes partes passibus mille, silvis undique aut impeditissimo flumine munitum, velut indagine hunc insidiis circumdederunt.
Liber VI Gaius Iulius Caesar post 52 Prooemium I Coactus assiduis tuis vocibus, Balbe, cum cotidiana mea recusatio non difficultatis excusationem, sed inertiae videretur deprecationem habere, rem difficillimam suscepi.
Liber VIII Aulus Hirtius post 52 Prooemium I Coactus assiduis tuis vocibus, Balbe, cum cotidiana mea recusatio non difficultatis excusationem, sed inertiae videretur deprecationem habere, rem difficillimam suscepi.
His rebus gestis, Labieno in continente cum tribus legionibus et equitum milibus duobus relicto ut portus tueretur et rem frumentariam provideret quaeque in Gallia gererentur cognosceret consiliumque pro tempore et pro re caperet, ipse cum quinque legionibus et pari numero equitum, quem in continenti reliquerat, ad solis occasum naves solvit et leni Africo provectus media circiter nocte vento intermisso cursum non tenuit, et longius delatus aestu orta luce sub sinistra Britanniam relictam conspexit.