Crossword clues for rains
- Bestows lavishly
- "Invisible Man" Claude
- Belasco portrayer: 1940
- He portrayed Belasco: 1940
- Actor in "Notorious": 1946
- Actor Claude
- The Invisible Man of 1933
- Star of "The Invisible Man"
- Parade stoppers
- He played David Belasco in 1940
- A season in India, with "the"
- Actor in "Notorious"
- Claude of cinema
- Blessings on the plains
- A memorable Claude
- Aids for the darling buds
- Actor in "Four Daughters"
- He portrayed David Belasco
- He portrayed the police chief in "Casablanca"
- "Notorious" actor
- Ruins a picnic or a Little League game, say
- Ombrometers measure them
- Spring events
- What the monsoon season brings
- They make lawns green
- Waters naturally
- Comes down
- They may pound the pavement
- Monsoon occurrences
- Farmers' needs
- Claude of "Casablanca"
- Boons for farmers
- They're measured by pluviometers
- He played Belasco
Housing Units (2000): 4523
Land area (2000): 232.050069 sq. miles (601.006894 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 26.819730 sq. miles (69.462780 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 258.869799 sq. miles (670.469674 sq. km)
Located within: Texas (TX), FIPS 48
Location: 32.880391 N, 95.799956 W
Rains County, TX
Rains is an American rock band from Fort Wayne, Indiana Formed in 2000, the group's name is derived from a former co-worker of lead vocalist, Jeff. The band originally consisted of vocalist/guitarist Jeff Rains, guitarist Jason Anderson acoustic guitarist Zach Ruetz, bassist Joe Pitter, and drummer Joe Schultz. Ruetz was replaced by acoustic guitarist, Allen Whitt, in 2010. Rains parted ways with Whitt in 2010 and continued on as a four piece. Pitter was replaced with Matt Hopkins in the fall of 2011.
Their debut album Stories was released in 2010. Following its release, the band began touring as a supporting act with various bands including Evans Blue, Taddy Porter and Framing Hanley. The first single, "Liar", has had over 1100 spins on SiriusXM's Octane channel, and went Top 10 on their playlist. The second single, "Look In My Eyes", rose into the Top 5 on Sirius/XM's Octane.
Rains parted ways with their management/indie label, Sounds and Sights, in early 2011 and began operating as an independent artist. They released their single "Look In My Eyes" in the fall of 2011 and also, recorded and released a music video for the track. The band was the opening artist on the North American Share The Welt Tour 2011 with Five Finger Death Punch. The tour also included the bands All That Remains and Hatebreed. In February 2012, Rains toured as support with Black Stone Cherry and Cavo. March ushered in the four pieces first headline North American tour.
The band made an appearance at Rocklahoma in May and released its next single "Pressure" in June 2012
Their new album, "From the Ashes", was released digitally on January 14, 2014. A physical copy of the album will be available at a later date.
Rains is a surname, and it may refer to:
- Albert Rains (1902 – 1991), American politician from Alabama
- Ashleigh Rains, Canadian actress
- Claude Rains (1889 – 1967), American actor
- Dan Rains (born 1956), American football player
- Darby Lloyd Rains (born 1948), American adult-film actress
- Dominic Rains (born 1982), Iranian-American actor
- Ed Rains (born 1956), American basketball player
- Emory Rains (1800 – 1878), American lawyer, judge and politician from Texas
- Ethan Rains, Iranian-American actor
- Fred Rains (1860 – 1945), British actor and film director
- Gabriel J. Rains (1803 – 1881), American soldier
- Gene Rains, American jazz musician
- Jack Rains (born 1937), American lawyer and politician from Texas
- James Edwards Rains (1833 – 1862), American lawyer and soldier
- James S. Rains (1817 – 1880), American soldier
- Lyle Rains, American video-game developer and businessman
- Michael Rains, American criminal defense attorney
- Omer Rains (born 1941), American politician, lawyer, author, eco-entrepreneur and humanist from California
- Rob Rains, American sports journalist
- Traver Rains (born 1977), American TV personality, fashion designer, and photographer
Usage examples of "rains".
She realized that Joanna was on one side casting worried glances at her during the short ceremony, and she was very conscious of the assembled Rains hovering nearby.
Annie was aware of Joanna and the Rains moving forward to surround them and in the process hold the curious reporters at bay.
Annie said, pitching her voice low to avoid having the reporters and the rest of the Rains overhear.
Cran and in particular, at the great spring festival held each year as soon as the rains had ended, to perform her ceremonial coupling with the god in the presence of the rulers, nobility, priests and chief dignitaries of Bekla.
In many respects life in Bekla during the rains was anything but inactive.
Vintners, grocers and bakers commonly laid in large stocks well before the onset of the rains, while herds of cattle were driven into the covered pounds outside the Gate of Lilies, there to be fed on roots and hay, for slaughter as required.
I mean to join them as soon as the rains are over, with enough men to cross the Valderra and recapture Suba.
To take such action during the rains would make the effect more telling.
Taking her in his arms, he kissed her passionately and at once set about giving expression to the feelings he had declared so ardently at the Rains banquet.
It was less crowded than on the night of the Rains banquet, for Elvair-ka-Virrion had invited no more than sixty or seventy people altogether, men and girls.
Nor did she forget the night of the Rains banquet, when Meris had failed him and she herself had not.
Bekla the rains were mudlessand went in under the propped-up, penthouse shutter of the shop.
He remembered, now, having noticed her at the Rains banqueta golden-haired lass, strikingly beautiful.
The fastidious Sarget, though on the one hand wishing to continue to stand well with these young men, on the other hoped to avoid seeing his supper-party take on the tone of the Rains banquet and such-like functions governed by the tastes of men like Kembri or Sencho.
Thus, the leader of the Thlela had sought the frissoor from Durakkon at the Rains banquet, and Occula from Elvair-ka-Virrion before her now almost legendary act as the doomed huntress.