Raine is a name derived from any of several personal names (such as Raymond or Lorraine), and may refer to:Given name
- Raine Karp (born 1939), Estonian architect
- Raine Maida (born 1970), Canadian musician and vocalist
- Raine Brown (born 19??) American Actress
- Raine Spencer, Countess Spencer (born 1929), step-mother of Lady Diana, Princess of Wales
- Adrian Raine, British-American psychologist
- Craig Raine (born 1944), English poet
- David Raine (born 1957), English footballer
- James Raine (1791–1858), English historian
- Kathleen Raine (1908–2003), English poet
- Nancy Greene Raine (born 1943), Canadian skier
- Randy Raine-Reusch, Canadian musician
- Richard Raine (1923–2006), pseudonym of British novelist Raymond Harold Sawkins
- Tom Raine, co-founder of the Australian real-estate franchise Raine and Horne
- William MacLeod Raine (1871–1954), British-born American novelist
- Raine Andrea Centeno (19??) Medical Technologist
- Former spelling of rain
Usage examples of "raine".
When it came to Howell Raines, no blogger had a bigger ax to grind than Andrew Sullivan.
Logan could do less to stop Ben Raines and his people in their breakaway nation.
Two weeks later, on June 5, 2003, less than a month after the Times mea culpa, the papers two highest-ranking editors, executive editor Howell Raines and managing editor Gerald Boyd, resigned.
Instead, West settled down to sleep on the sofa beside her, leaving Carol Raine bound and gagged on the mattress.
There is but one blot upon the escutcheon of the family, put there by a recent incumbent who developed a mania at once cannibalistic and infanticidal, and set about making a free lunch of her offspring, in direct violation of the Raines law and the maternal instinct.
Detective Sergeant Ivie went to the counter against the far wall and put his hand on a computer touch screen, Officer Raines opened the thick Plexiglas hatch on her end.
But while some of his people may have been kidding themselves, Ben Raines knew that Khamsin and his troops could break out wherever and whenever they chose to do so.
This Gardener accustomed to drive me, every morning laded with hearbes to the next Village, and when he had sold his hearbes, hee would mount upon my backe and returne to the Garden, and while he digged the ground and watered the hearbes, and went about other businesse, I did nothing but repose my selfe with great ease, but when Winter approached with sharpe haile, raine and frosts, and I standing under a hedge side, was welnigh killed up with cold, and my master was so poore that he had no lodging for himselfe, much lesse had he any littor or place to cover me withall, for he himselfe alwayes lay under a little roofe shadowed with boughes.
When Lares pulled Cree down on top of him and flipped the Reaper head-over-heels behind him, Raine could do no more than grunt with wonder as the Rysalian rolled to his feet, and without thought, spun around and dropped down on the dark man like a boulder.
Arbra and Hern Belvoir, and the two Princes, Raine McGregor and Lares Taborn.
I iudge, none other then raine vvater nevvly fallen, and gathered vp by making pittes in a plot of marrish ground, some three hundred pases from the sea side.
Russian troops and one battalion of Canadians were hot on his tail, rushing to help Ben Raines, Colonel Rebet commanding the Russians and Major Danjou commanding the Canadians.
It was old Steve Brayton, who had fired from the cabin at Isom, and dropping his Winchester, he stumbled forward with the butt of his pistol held out to Raines.
No doubt history would write that Ben Raines and the Rebels were hard men and women, and no doubt some would write that they were too hard, too lacking in compassion toward the enemy.
California was the last great bastion of the Believers, and if they could not stop Ben Raines and his Rebels here, their cause would be lost nationwide.