Raef is an Arabic given name and an indirect Quranic name for boys that means “kind”, “compassionate”, “softhearted”. It can be spell it in many way such Raef, Raif, Rayif, Raaif or Raefe. It is derived from the R-Hamz-F Quranic root which is used in a number of places in the Quran.
Do you not see, how God has subjected everything on the earth to you, and the ships that sail on the sea by His command. He holds back the sky from falling down on the earth, except with His permission. God is most compassionate and most merciful to mankind. (Quran 22:65)
- Raef (singer) (born 1982), American-Muslim singer, songwriter
- Raef lkbaich british /moroccan muslim
- Raef al-Maarri, officer in the Syrian Army
- Raef LaFrentz (born 1979), American professional basketball power forward and center
- Raef Bjayou (born 1980), British entrepreneur and television presenter
- Raef Badawi (born 1982), Saudi Arabian blogger and activist
- Raef al Hasan Rafa (born 1986), Bangladeshi musician
Raef Haggag ( ; born August 8, 1982) is an Egyptian American singer from Washington, D.C. He is a prominent American-Muslim songwriter whose songs are for Muslims and faith-based communities around the world. He released his first album The Path produced by Awakening Records in June 2014.