Crossword clues for posey
a. (context British informal English) pretentious
Housing Units (2000): 11076
Land area (2000): 408.500254 sq. miles (1058.010756 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 10.947321 sq. miles (28.353431 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 419.447575 sq. miles (1086.364187 sq. km)
Located within: Indiana (IN), FIPS 18
Location: 38.025891 N, 87.848770 W
Posey County, IN
A posey (or posy/posie) can be a small flower bouquet. As a surname it is of French and English origins, originating and or derived from the Greek word Desposyni.
Posey may also refer to:
- Posey (surname)
- Posey (Paiute) - Paiute chief, lived 1860s to 1923
- Posey, Illinois, an unincorporated community in Clinton County
- Posey, Texas, an unincorporated community in Lubbock County
- Posey, West Virginia
- Posey County, Indiana
- Posey vest, a type of medical restraint
- Posey Rorer, an old-time musician
Posey is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Brad Posey, American photographer and pornographer
- Buster Posey, Major League Baseball player
- Carnot Posey, Confederate general in the American Civil War
- Darrell A. Posey, ethnobiologist
- Francis B. Posey, Indiana lawyer and politician
- James Posey, basketball player
- John Posey (actor), actor
- John Adams Posey, Indiana lawyer and politician
- John Wesley Posey, Indiana abolitionist
- Parker Posey, actress
- Sam Posey, American racecar driver and sports broadcast journalist
- Sandy Posey, American singer
- Thomas Posey, 19th-century U.S. general and politician, namesake of Posey County, Indiana
- Tyler Posey (born 1991) American actor
Usage examples of "posey".
This short episode shows us the family conditions surrounding Byles Gridley, who, as we were saying, had just been called down to tea by Miss Susan Posey.
Every eye watched as Saulter and Posey strode through the court shortly before nine.
Annie glimpsed Saulter and Posey turning away from the doorway, leaving with the crowd.
Chief Saulter to Circuit Solicitor Posey, who followed yet another false scentthe murderer as a crazed Christie fanhave had our eyes focused on the wrong elements.
George Posey, from the corporate division, was assigned to handle accounting and finance.
Following the precise and neatly written directions Barth had provided, Anna found the Posey homestead without incident.
Because he knew the Poseys had treated Barth badly and he knew Barth was too ashamed to say anything?
The night before Thanksgiving, he had tried to climb out of bed, so the night nurses had put a Posey on him.
Posey knew exactly when the first shoots of pokeweed would come up, tender and good for picking.
Susan Posey, my dear, I think you hard better not break in upon the pious meditations of the Rev. Joseph Bellamy Stoker in his private study.
I wanted to bring presents for everyone and, knowing how uppity house niggers are, I knew that Posey must get something very, very special from me.
Posey had answered that Belladonna should keep Imogen away from her with his meat cleaver.
This act won Storky's instant devotion to Matty Kate and, as Posey had not before seen a white lady working so closely - and efficiently - with black people, he was agog at Matty Kate's obvious show of interest in their world and listened excitedly as she explained that she wanted wild turkeys, chestnut stuffing, cranberry jelly, candied yams, being careful to ask both Storky and Posey for their own suggestions on the preparations for these holiday foods.