Crossword clues for piso
The Piso family of ancient Rome was a prominent plebeian branch of the gens Calpurnia, descended from Calpus the son of Numa Pompilius. with at least 50 prominent Roman family members recognized. Members are known into the 2nd century.
- Gaius Calpurnius Piso (praetor 211 BC)
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Frugi (consul 133 BC)
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus (consul 112 BC)
- Gaius Calpurnius Piso (consul 67 BC)
- Marcus Pupius Piso Frugi Calpurnianus - consul 61 BC
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus - consul 58 BC, father-in-law of Julius Caesar
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso (consul 15 BC), pontifex
- Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso, consul 7 BC, was charged of being involved in the death of Germanicus
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso (consul 1 BC), augur
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso (consul 27)
- Gaius Calpurnius Piso, senator, leader of the Pisonian conspiracy in AD 65.
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus - briefly deputy emperor of Galba for five days in 69.
- Gaius Calpurnius Piso (consul 111)
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso (consul 175)
- Lucius Calpurnius Piso Frugi, usurper against Gallienus and Valens in 261. His existence is unclear.
- Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso (quaestor)
Piso may refer to:
- Lake Piso
- Piso, a family in ancient Rome
- Philippine Peso, the currency of the Philippines
- Piso, Kentucky, the community in the United States
Usage examples of "piso".
Let our esteemed consuls-elect Gaius Piso and Manius Acilius Glabrio warm their arses on their curule chairs first.
Owning little attractive apart from his name, Calpurnius Piso, and his eminently respectable ancestry, Piso had needed to bribe heavily to secure election.
I acquit Catulus and Gaius Piso and the rest of the rump, but Publius Sulla, his minion Autronius and all that lot were assiduous in helping Carbo prosecute.
No Catulus, no Gaius Piso, no Hortensius, no Metellus Pius Pontifex Maximus?
Find Quintus Lutatius Catulus, Quintus Hortensius and Gaius Piso the consul.
Bibulus deemed him too much of an intellectual liability in a council containing Gaius Piso, who was quite dense enough without reinforcements.
Calpurnius Piso, being tall, very dark, and possessed of bushy eyebrows.
Gaius Piso passed to the ranks of the consulars in the front rows on either side of the House.
But then, I am not a pirate, though I sometimes wonder about Gaius Piso in that respect!
His debts mounting with frightening rapidity, Piso needed the Gauls to recoup his losses, so he desisted.
Glabrio had greedily rushed off to govern his province early in his consulship, and done Piso no service thereby.
Marcus Pupius Piso, who was assisted by a stunning retinue of junior advocates.
And when I saw you in court struggling against insuperable odds, with Pupius Piso and Cicero and the rest sneering at you, I wanted to kill everyone who ground you down.
Lucius Piso had recognized the potential in this new industry, and espoused it so wholeheartedly that he succeeded in making a great deal of money out of it.
And when Lucius Piso died, his son, another Lucius Piso, continued both in this activity and in the warm friendship with Crassus.