Housing Units (2000): 328
Land area (2000): 2.324502 sq. miles (6.020433 sq. km)
Water area (2000): 0.009544 sq. miles (0.024719 sq. km)
Total area (2000): 2.334046 sq. miles (6.045152 sq. km)
FIPS code: 57372
Located within: California (CA), FIPS 06
Location: 34.407297 N, 118.799675 W
ZIP Codes (1990):
Note: some ZIP codes may be omitted esp. for suburbs.
A piru is a fiend or demon in Finnish mythology. In folklore, a piru is often featured as a nasty spirit of the forest with which a wise Alec either wins or loses a battle of wits, giving or receiving a forfeit in return. In many cases, poltergeist and haunting phenomenons are described as "pirus". The Devil may be referred to as (proper noun) Piru, or Pääpiru, the main piru.
"Piru" is also a mild swearword in Finnish.
Category:Finnish legendary creatures Category:European demons
Piru may refer to:
- Piru, California, a small town in Ventura County in the United States
- Piru, Indonesia, a village on the west coast of Seram Island
- Piru, Iran, a village in Kerman Province
- Piru, Bihar, village in Aurangabad district, Bihar, India
- Piru (spirit), an evil spirit or demon in Finnish mythology
- Pirus, a street gang
Usage examples of "piru".
Grew up in Piru, but out to the mountains it’s the same thing all over.