Patni may refer to:
- Patni (surname), a Jain family name from India
- Patni Jamat, a Muslim community in India
- Patni Computer Systems, an information technology company
Patni as a surname is pronounced as "PAATNI", it is a sub-caste in Jains. Patni, Tuwar, Khindukan, etc. are also considered Patni. Few of the Patni's are also referred to as "Khindukan" after the great man Khindu Rav Ji. This sub-caste is assumed to be the most powerful and wealthy sub-caste under the 84 sub-caste of Jains, made by Acharya Jinsenacharya, a jain monk. Patni's follow and do worship according to Digamber Terapanthi tradition. On the contrary, few also follow Beespanthi tradition of Digambers.
A lot many temples are made by people of this subcaste. Few amongst them are-
- Shri Digamber Jain Mandir ji Khindukan Shri Padamprabhu ji in Village Newta. Made by Shri Arat Ram ji Deewan of Jaipur.
- Shri Digamber Jain Mandir ji Khindukan Shri Chandraprabhu ji in Jaipur Chokdi Modi Khana, made originally by Deewan Shri Shyamlal ji, the great great grandson of Shri Arat Ram ji Deewan.
- Few Temples at Girnarji, Gujarat were made by Shri Tejsi Udai Karan Ji, Newta.
- Mandirji Patniyan near Chandpole Bazar, Jaipur.
Patni of Newta used to worship Udaibabaji. Newta is the village in Jaipur District. Udaibabaji was a great person in the Province of Amber's Rajgharana(King Officials). Lord Udaibabaji made several jain temples. His full name was Tejsi Udaikaran Ji. In 1709, when panch kalyanyak was done, Tejsi Udaikaran ji of Newta did pratishtha of samyakgyan shakti yantra and installed this yantra in mandir ji patodiyan of jaipur.
His temple is built by Patni/Khinduka in the village Newta.