Crossword clues for palme
Palme may refer to:
Palme is a Portuguese parish, located in the municipality of Barcelos. The population in 2011 was 1,073, in an area of 8.31 km².
Palme is a Swedish documentary film from 2012 directed, and written by Maud Nycander and Kristina Lindström. The film is a biographical portrait of the former prime minister Olof Palme, and covers his life from childhood to the role as a leading figure of Swedish politics.
It has been shown as a 103 minutes long feature film in the cinemas, and as a 175 minutes long TV-movie in three parts on SVT at Christmas and New Year the same year. At the 48th Guldbagge Awards, the film was nominated in three categories: Best Documentary (Maud Nycander and Kristina Lindström), Best Editing (Andreas Jonsson, Hanna Lejonqvist and Niels Pagh Andersen) and Best music ( Benny Andersson). It won in the latter two categories.
Palme is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Franc Palme (1914–?), Yugoslavian Olympic alpin skier
- Gabriele Palme (born 1964), German handball player
- Henry Palmé (1907–1987), Swedish marathon runner
Olof Palme (1927–1986), the assassinated former Prime Minister of Sweden
- Lisbet Palme (born 1931), widow of Olof Palme
- Rajani Palme Dutt (1896–1974), British politician
- Rudolf Palme (1910–2005), Austrian chess player
- Sieur de la Palme, Newfoundland governor
- Ulf Palme (1920–1993), Swedish actor