Crossword clues for pah
The Collaborative International Dictionary
Pah \Pah\, n. [From native name.]
A kind of stockaded intrenchment. [New Zealand.]
Pah \Pah\, interj. An exclamation expressing disgust or contempt. See Bah.
Fie! fie! fie! pah! pah! Give me an ounce of civet,
good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination.
Etymology 1 interj. Used to express distaste, disgust or outrage. Etymology 2
n. (dated form of pa nodot=yes English) (Maori fort)
PAH or Pah may refer to:
In chemistry and biology:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon, one of a class of chemical compounds, organic pollutants
- Phenylalanine hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in breaking down phenylalanine
- Para-aminohippurate, a substance used in the measurement of blood flow in the kidneys
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension, a condition of elevated blood pressure in the pulmonary artery
- Primary alveolar hypoventilation, a condition of inadequate air movement in the lungs
- PAH world hypothesis, hypothesis that proposes that the use of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon was a means for the origin of life
- Polyallylamine hydrochloride, Polyelectrolyte
- PAH clearance, para-aminohippuric acid clearance as a measurement of renal plasma flow
- Polyanhydrides, a class of biodegradable polymers
- Pah, the lunar deity in Pawnee mythology
- Pah Wraith, evil Bajoran Prophets in the fictional Star Trek universe
- Pan-American Highway, Americas
- PAH, the IATA airport code for Barkley Regional Airport in Paducah, Kentucky, USA
- Pā (Māori) (alternate spelling), a fortified village or redoubt
- Plataforma de Afectados por la Hipoteca, a Spanish organization
Usage examples of "pah".
I go inna your room, given you a ride like you never hay-yud afore, worthen at fifty plusen a teeyup for sure, lahk to pleasure me a big size mayyun all the whole naht long, honeh pah.
Methinks it hath a musty smell, I like its flavor none too well, But Yorick's brain was far from dull, Though Hamlet pah!
Pahner said calmly, "each of the military personnel will be carrying on his own back six spare pairs of socks, a spare uniform, personal hygiene equipment, five kilos of proteins and vitamin supplements, rations, additional ammunition and power packs for their weapons, additional ammunition for squad and company level weaponry, a bivy tent, his multitool, a rucksack fluid pouch with six kilos of water, and up to ten kilos of personal gear.
They exhibit the carbonates, magnetites and PAHs seen in ALH 84001, but no movement or metabolic action.
The prince had the Parkins and Spencer set for bolt action, and Pahner watched as he jacked the spent round out of the chamber and caught it in midair.
Bistem Kar gave a hand-clap of conditional agreement, but he still looked decidedly unhappy, and Pahner didn't really blame him.
Pah, if they had remained the same forever, we would still be a collection of little villages of thatched huts, hunting with copper-headed spears, growing only yams, lying in fear of the lions in the dark!
He needed to know where to find Pie 'oh' pah, and he wasn't going to be fobbed off with excuses.
It was an amazing sound to hear out of the tall, broad officer, and Pahner cut it off almost immediately.
Pahner said quietly, his own pistol out and trained as he transmitted furious orders to hold fast over his toot.
It was only half a victory, from his perspective, but at least Pahner had admitted that since there might still be some hostile fire, breaking out a suit of armor and fitting it to the prince was probably a good idea.
Armand Pahner had a very clear notion of the sort of intestinal fortitude required for a combat newbie to stay focused—.
Armand Pahner had a very clear notion of the sort of intestinal fortitude required for a combat newbie to stay focused.
She's my senior political adviser, as opposed to Captain Pahner, who's my senior military adviser.
And just to make the crowding complete, Pahner and Roger's rucksacks hung from the cramped compartment's forward bulkhead.