Paengaroa is a village in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand which lies 11 km from Te Puke, 35 km from Tauranga and 46.2 km from Rotorua. It is situated on State Highway 33 approximately 2 km from the junction with State Highway 2. Paengaroa has 2.27 hectares of commercial land. Paengaroa is the eastern terminus of the Tauranga Eastern Motorway (TEL) which was opened in 2015. In the 2013 census Paengaroa had a population of 906 up from 897 in 2006 and 831 in 2001. The population is expected to grow with the completion of the TEL.
Paengaroa is a largely rural settlement with many farms and a few shops. Some residents also commute to Tauranga. The local school is Paengaroa School which was founded in 1906.
A local tourist attraction is Comvita Visitor Centre which features natural health and bee products.