Crossword clues for ozaena
n. 1 A fetor from the nose, usually dependent on ulceration. 2 One of the genus of (taxlink Ozaena genus), with one species, (taxlink Ozaena dentipes species).
n. a chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures [syn: ozena]
Ozaena is a genus of beetles in the family Carabidae, containing the following species:
- Ozaena boucheri Deuve, 2001
- Ozaena convexa Banninger, 1927
- Ozaena dentipes Olivier, 1812
- Ozaena ecuadorica Banninger, 1949
- Ozaena elevata Banninger, 1956
- Ozaena grossa Banninger, 1927
- Ozaena lemoulti Banninger, 1932
- Ozaena linearis Banninger, 1927
- Ozaena manu Ball & Shpeley, 1990
- Ozaena martinezi Ogueta, 1965
- Ozaena maxi Ball & Shpeley, 1990
Usage examples of "ozaena".
Catarrh, or ozaena, is liable to be complicated, not only by the system, blood, and fluids, suffering from scrofulous or other taints, as has already been pointed out, but also by an extension of the diseased conditions to other parts beyond the air-passages of the head.