Oxhey is a suburb of the borough of Watford in the Three Rivers district of the county of Hertfordshire, England. It is located at and forms part Watford Rural civil parish and Watford post town.
Oxhey grew during the mid-19th century with the coming of the London and Birmingham Railway from London Euston to Boxmoor in 1837, the settlement being developed to house railway workers. The line was completed to Birmingham in 1838. It was originally called 'New Bushey', after the well-established village a mile away, but was renamed 'Oxhey' in 1907.
Oxhey's parish church is St Matthew's, a Grade II listed building dating from 1880 in Gothic Revival style with some elements of early Art Nouveau decoration. The church also features a Karl Parsons window in the Lady Chapel.
Oxhey Grange in Oxhey Lane was built in 1876 by architect William Young (1843-1900) in the High Victorian Gothic style. It is a Grade II listed building.
The wider locations which comprise the modern Oxhey area are Oxhey Village ( the area around Bushey station and between Pinner Road and London Road), Oxhey Hall (the area along Hampermill Lane towards Moor Park) and South Oxhey although this is really a suburb in itself which is adjacent to Oxhey. It is an oddity that the main line station, which serves both Oxhey and the village of Bushey a mile away, is situated in the middle of Oxhey Village and yet is called Bushey Station. The original name of the station was 'Bushey', it was renamed 'Bushey & Oxhey' when Oxhey Village was renamed, and was then renamed again in 1974.