Crossword clues for ovi
OVI may refer to:
- Ohio Volunteer Infantry, volunteer regiment during the American Civil War
- Operating a Vehicle under the Influence (of alcohol and/or drugs)
- Optically Variable Ink, anti-counterfeiting measure in currency
- Open Verilog International, now Accellera
Ovi may refer to:
- Ovi (Nokia), former brand for Nokia's Internet services
- Ovi Magazine, an online magazine based in Helsinki, Finland
- Ovi (poetry), an Indian poetic metre. Poems in this meter are also called ovi
- Ovi (music), a form of wedding music predominantly seen among the Hindu and Catholic community in Goa, India
- Alexander Ovechkin (b. 1985), Russian hockey player
- Ovidiu Cernăuţeanu (b. 1974), Romanian singer
- Ovi, Hungarian slang for Kindergarten
Ovi by Nokia ( "door") was the brand for Nokia's Internet services. The Ovi services could be used from a mobile device, computer (through Ovi Suite) or via the web. Nokia focused on five key service areas: Games, Maps, Media, Messaging and Music. Nokia's aim with Ovi was to include third party developers, such as operators and third-party services like Yahoo's Flickr photo site. With the announcement of Ovi Maps Player API, Nokia started to evolve their services into a platform, enabling third parties to make use of Nokia's Ovi services.
Ovi was first announced in 2007 and was a move into the world of Internet services and applications. It was initially available for internet-enabled Nokia feature phones and S60 smartphones, and also accessible via the web and on PC. Throughout its lifetime it faced strong competition particularly from Apple's App Store. As of January 2012, there were exactly 10 million downloads every day, also 158 developers reached over 1 million downloads for their Applications.
On 16 May 2011, Nokia announced the discontinuation of the Ovi brand and the services rebranded under the Nokia brand. The transition began in July 2011 and was completed by the end of 2012. Most of the constituent services were subsequently either closed or integrated into Microsoft's own services after its acquisition of Nokia devices and services division in 2014.
Ovi are wedding songs in Goa, India, sung during the pre-marriage ceremony known as Chuddo (ceremony during which bangles are worn by the bride) and Sado ceremony during which the red dress sado is stitched by a tailor.
Ovi (, literally "strung together"), also spelled as owi or owee, is a poetic metre used in Marathi poems for "rhythmic prose", generally used in narrative poems. A poem using this metre is also called an ovi. Ovi is one of the "oldest Marathi song genres still performed today". It has been in use since the 13th century in written poetry; however, oral traditions of women's ovi pre-date the literary ovi. While literary ovi is used by the Varkari saints in bhakti (devotional) literature, women's ovi is passed via the oral tradition through generations of women, who sing them while working or for pleasure.