Crossword clues for oster
Oster (, , ) is a city located where the Oster River flows into the Desna in Chernihiv Oblast of Ukraine. As of January 1, 2005, its population is 7,100.
Today Oster is a river port with a cotton-textile factory and a food industry. Some parts of the old fortress in Oster and the remains of the tiny Saint Michael's Church (a.k.a. Yurii's Temple, the only preserved church of the medieval principality of Pereyaslav), which was constructed in 1098, have fortunately been preserved.
Oster or Ostyor may refer to:
- Oster, a town in Chernihiv Oblast, Ukraine
- Oster, Minnesota, a community in the United States
- Oster (Blies), a river in the Saarland, Germany
- Ostyor, Russia, a former urban-type settlement in Smolensk Oblast, Russia; since 2004—a rural locality
- Hans Oster (1887–1945), German intelligence officer during World War II
- SS Oster, a steam ferry that sailed the fjords near Bergen, Norway from 1908 to 1963
- Harry Oster (1923–2001), US-American folklorist and musicologist
- Jack Oster, British rugby league footballer
- John Oster, Doncaster Rovers and former Welsh International association football player
- John Oster Manufacturing Company, a manufacturer of kitchen appliances, popularly known for the Oster Kitchen Center
The Oster (Blies) is a river of Saarland, Germany.