Crossword clues for olt
Olt or OLT may refer to:
- Károly Olt (1904–1985), Hungarian politician
- Mike Olt (born 1988), American baseball player
- Olt County, a county (judeţ) of Romania
Olt River, a river in Romania
- Olt Defile, a defile that has been cut into the Transyvanian Alps in south-central Romania by the Olt River
- Pârâul Olt, a tributary of the Pădureni River in Romania
- Lot (river), a river in France, formerly called the Olt
- Olton railway station, England (National Rail code: OLT)
In science and technology:
- OLT (mobile network), a former manual mobile telephone network in Norway
- Optical line termination, a piece of telecommunications equipment used for fiber-optic communications
- Orthotopic liver transplant, in medicine
- Overwhelmingly Large Telescope, a proposed optical telescope
- Orangutan Land Trust, a UK charity working for the long-term survival of the orangutan
- OLT, 1969 novel by Kenneth Gangemi
- OLT Express Germany, a German airline
OLT ( Norwegian for Offentlig Landmobil Telefoni, Public Land Mobile Telephony), was the first land mobile telephone network in Norway. It was established December 1, 1966, and continued until it was obsoleted by NMT in 1990. In 1981, there were 30,000 mobile subscribers, which at the time made this network the largest in the world.
The network operated in the 160 MHz VHF band, using frequency modulation (FM) on 160-162 MHz for the mobile unit, and 168-170 MHz for the base station. Most mobile sets were semi-duplex, but some of the more expensive units were full duplex. Each subscriber was assigned a five digit phone number.
In 1976, the OLT system was extended to include UHF bands, incorporating MTD, and allowing international roaming within Scandinavian countries.